On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Sunday, January 15, 2012

What You Taught Me

How can we communicate when you do not speak to me directly? Why can't we speak face to face, heart to heart, back to back, lips to lips, eyes to eyes, hand in hand, bacon to bacon? How am I supposed to interpret your silence, your riddles, your various faces, and multiple languages? I can never presume that any of it is truly you. And what has this taught me? I have learned to love the world and everything in it. From the most beautiful of stars to the tiniest speck of dust. I have learned to swallow my fear and judgement with the remote chance it is you I am loving. I could be wrong, but it feels right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment