On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Monday, March 21, 2011

Aha!


I found my marbles in the grass!

4 comments:

rivercat said...

i like this one. A tribute to decluttering and nature's ability to heal the mind :)

zonedin said...

Well you know, it made me think of the sign my son had on his door "Keep Off the Grass" and i have a friend who is incredibly intelligent and mind spins so fast the only to calm her is "grass." So with this I thought of her. I haven't seen her in years.

rivercat said...

That seems to be not too uncommon. I have a friend who has been in jail for violent acts and he has been out for awhile now. He does deal drugs, but he also swears that the grass keeps him from hurting people who "deserve a hurt" for some reason or another. Its a little scary being around him but I want him to feel that he has a friend that won't do anything to get him so mad that he beats them. He had a little dog and the dog nipped at me while I was playing with him and a toy football. I had a bottle of water and when He nipped at me I tinkled a tiny bit out at him and he scampered away. My friend saw this and the look in his eye was that he wanted to kill me for doing that to his dog. I had a talk with him about this and he almost understood that my behavior was no reason for trying to hurt me. I am bigger than him, but he is pretty muscular too, so a fight would be ugly.
All I can say is he kind of understood that I was only acting out and at the time couldnt help it.The dog certainly wasnt hurt in any way, but he didnt like being sprinkled with water, and I didnt like being nipped at either!

zonedin said...

I love animals....but I cannot stand those little nippy rat dogs...maybe they need some grass? I seem to know a lot of people with a short fuse like that..but this one sounds a little more intense. You sound like me with your ability to tame the beast in others. I do this naturally because I care about them and think they especially need to know somebody does. Thank you for sharing that funny/maybe not so funny story:^)

Post a Comment