On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A View from a Tree


I like to climb trees,
What of it?
It's not like you weren't invited.
I like birds too.
You can't bring me down.

9 comments:

rivercat said...

Hey zoned, I really like this one.
I did a poem kind of like yours after I read this but I swear I didnt think of the similarity till after I wrote mine.

zonedin said...

Oh, I like yours better;~) This picture has been stuck in my mind forever and I've just needed the time to do something with it here. It cracks me up! They liked me and hated me at the same time, but I never flipped them off nor cursed them. I just smiled.

rivercat said...

ok, so am i correct that you have 3 blogs? I noticed the tree blog had your bird poem on it.
Is that your blog?
I really like when you key off a picture. I still remember the ones from afew months ago like the face in the rocks. That may be my favorite one of yours:)

zonedin said...

You're right, but I don't know what I'm doing. You see I have all these plans for different themes and my mind is filled with ideas, but buy the time I have time to do it...I've either forgotten or moved on to some other thing.

Thank you for that compliment. I like to do my own pictures if I can..even if they are from my own cheap phone. I love it when a thought comes together with a picture.

I see all these incredible blogs with those amazing crisp high definition pictures..mine will never be like that, and I don't think I really care, because I'm not trying to be a professional, just exploring.

That face on the rock just appeared at me and I had been hiking for an hour into the Desolation Wilderness where very few people go...it was just perfect. I'll get outside more when the weather improves. I hope to get my own little laptop too..that will really help me! Then I might even get to have an iphone in August..it will depend on if I have a job, because I did get a layoff notice this week.
Thank you for your comments, because they do keep me going;~)

rivercat said...

I will tell you what I did, If I havent already.
It really helped me to go from 3 (and 4 in the very beginning) blogs to 1. One is more than enough. Im not trying to persuade you, but for me it was a blessing. I remember what did it too.
I had a poem, and i was putting it in one blog and thought, "now it wont be in the other and if I put it in both, as I thought at that time too, then why not just have one f'n blog MU HAAHAHA!!

:)))

zonedin said...

So can you tell me honestly? If you would pick just one of my blogs, which one would you choose?

rivercat said...

that is a tough one, as this seems more casual. Maybe its fine the way it is as long as youre happy. The point I was making was that for me, i often had to wonder which to put a post on, and it bothered me to even think that. Unless that is how you feel when you write them I would leave it as is. I will say that it was a relief only having one blog...but that's just the way I felt. Spomeone that follows me has 50 blogs or something like that. That is totally out of control imo, but he seems happy about it! So, unless there is a feeling that you sometimes don't know where to put what or feel that you dont need more than one, i'd leave it alone. They are all nice blogs. Mine were just the template and tood a second to make so I had no emotional connection to the themes or layouts :)

zonedin said...

I like this one because my really embarrassing and silly stuff can go here and not so many people read, just enough to get a wittle feedback. The other one I like to share things that I would hope the whole world could read and the one from a totally different account I had because It was for people in my daily life, but they never even look at it, so forget it..maybe that one can go?

zonedin said...

Then I have a couple that I keep closed..you might have seen the "notes" one..but I closed it because I don't have time...I have a bunch of ideas for that. I also have ideas for a couple other themes, but they are just written in a notebook right now...I wish I had substantial quiet time to think. I definitely will love to simplify my projects. Thanks for your thoughts;~)

Post a Comment