On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Monday, October 31, 2011

Such a Goon


I'm such a goon.

I know that I tell stories of the past
way too much. I have current stories,
but they're not as interesting to me.

Something has changed in me.
Something lost.
I don't giggle as much anymore.
I'm not as spontaneous with my words.

Now I think before I speak,
which means I resist saying much of anything.
I'm such a goon by nature,
but he made me shut up and grow up.

Now my face looks old and stressed,
My mind always thinking
"What an idiot I've been!"
I want to be free,
to feel young and spontaneous again.

Ignoring ignorance doesn't teach me a thing.
It just kills the child.

3 comments:

rivercat said...

when I was a kid my older brother's friend always called my "the goon".

zonedin said...

I hope that didn't hurt you too much. My friend used to say "You're such a goon, Yvonne!" But she said it in an affectionate way and I prided myself in being a goon.Those were the good old days:~))

rivercat said...

I was really tall and skinny back then and it was kind of painful because I was very self conscious and had a less than perfect self image :)

Post a Comment