On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Phone Art


This is my phone wallpaper,
I love it so much!
I'm sharing it here at 
O'Dopey Me,
because I typed the name of the artist 
into the wrong place.
Now I don't know who to give credit to.
I swear I am going back to find out
someday soon!

I took this picture at a gallery in San Francisco.
In the little circle under the snake
 I place my little analog clock.

When I look at my phone I imagine
the bigger black circle as the shadow
of my head.

The snake-like figure above
reminds me of
daily temptations.

The star-like designs remind me of
the good things I try to focus on
like love and kindness.

All the different spots are
various distractions,
but I try to remain constant 
with the light.

2 comments:

rivercat said...

style wise it reminds me of miro
interesting , the black dots give a sense of depth
ang with the blurry grey cloud in the foreground.

zonedin said...

I do love to walk through the clouds.

I have to go back to find out. I should have just written it on paper.

Post a Comment