Cynthia and I walk down to the Kmart not far from our neighborhood and we had a little money for candy, but all the really intriguing candy was more money than we had. My friend said, "Have you ever tried stealing?" I said "No, it freaks me out just to think about it." She said it was easy.........so dopey me........ I decided to try it. She went for a big box of Mike and Ikes, but I just couldn't decide. I wasn't used to having such a choice of candy, since mother never allowed it. So I saw this big container of chocolate covered malt balls. I remember tasting these that another friend had and I liked them a lot. This was a container the size of a half gallon milk carton. I know what you are thinking..."What a dope! How are you going to hide that?" Well, I had a pretty big jacket and I guess I decided to really challenge myself for the first time doing such a thing. Maybe I wanted to get caught, I don't know.
So we hid our candy under our jackets and hearts beating fast we slipped out of the store and took off running. We ran and didn't stop till we got to the tall grass of the field behind the store. Nope, didn't get caught. We rolled in the grass and laughed, flattening a little area where we could have our sugar coated picnic. Unfortunately it was getting late and we had to eat our candy. We both would get a beating if our parents found such extravagant candy in our possession. They knew we couldn't afford it. So we ate and ate and ate. Certainly did not want it to go to waste. Have you ever eaten that many malt balls? Sixty-four ounces of chocolate covered malt balls and sixteen ounces of Mike and Ikes is just way too much for two little girls. We both felt extremely sick and walked home with putrified faces filled with regret!
6 comments:
once when i was 3 i think i put a chocolate down my shorts and left the shop. yep! i smack i did get. then when i was 5 i hide half a chocolate in my pocket to save it for alaterment yep! i got a reel from the motherharp. then when i was 8 i borrowed a little girls religious donation of 20 cent to buy an iceblock yep! her mother told my mother >_> so when one of my friends in grade 6 said 'the only way in our club is to join us at grannymaze & steal a easer' Yep! i stop being part of the group ~ 'laugh till you pee!'
lol, instant karma maybe.
When I was about 8 a man selling fairy floss in the mall invited me and a friend to help ourselves to our change.
The temptation was far too strong for us poor little twats we grabbed a fiver and ran for it.
I still feel guilty about it now, robbing the sweet trusting friendly fairyfloss man!
You two are crackin me up!!! I don't feel as bad anymore. But I must ask, what's 'a easer' and a fairyfloss?
a 'easer'[anything small yet worthy] your way in to the club
Fairey floss in the US is known as cotton candy. Come to think of it, whipped sugar on a stick can't be very good for your health, maybe selling that junk deserves some karma of it's own :)
Still....I love cotton candy!!! But only pink...(^,^)
Post a Comment