On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Friday, September 3, 2010

Scary Hairy Quite Contrary

When I was born my mom couldn't believe her eyes. 
Her first words to the doctors were "Eeh gads, that can't be my baby!"

She said I looked like a monkey, 
I had so much hair all over my body.

As I grew I learned to hate the hair on my body. I observed my mom as she burned her arm hair over a candle, smelled up the whole house. 

I wanted to do something... but not that.
So one day when I was around 10 years old, I was taking a bath in my grandma's tub, I saw a razor.

I decided shaving my arms wouldn't be as smelly as the candle burning. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how sharp those things are and sliced one deep line into my wrist. It bled like crazy and I still have the scar. 

Really freaked grandma out!

3 comments:

rivercat said...

I have smelt burnt hair and cut myself by mistake.
I jumped out the womb onto doc's head then up to the ceiling lights I Sped ripping out wires sparking fires on their heads. They threw scalpels I threw back I made them see red. They finally got me down on a banana bedspread :-))

zonedin said...

You sound like an alien popping out of someone's belly, or maybe a Gremlin... but it sounds like you were just another monkey like me. That would have been an exciting birth to witness;~))) Thanks for reading and making me laugh;~D

Anonymous said...

I was just as scary hairy at my birth, according to eye witnesses. (We used to say this phrase with a gf: very scary hairy Larry :)) First time I shaved my leg I took all the skin with it...

Post a Comment