On Making Mistakes

"The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather,
that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually to make a new man of himself."
~Wang Yang-Ming

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Curbing hunger

One time when I was six years old I remember feeling really hungry and decided I would make my own spaghetti noodles, but I wasn't allowed to snack between meals. So I got some hard noodles and put them into a bowl of water and slid it under my bed. I figured eventually they would become the yummy noodles that I love to slurp up. 


I checked on them all throughout the day and the next, but they never seemed to be quite right. Finally I just forgot about them. Months later I remembered that I had those noodles under the bed and was pretty scared to look. I looked, but there was no bowl of noodles or any such creature. I always wondered who found that and what did they think? I didn't bother asking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute :D You don't what to know the things I kept in my bedroom when I was a wee one. Gross really!

zonedin said...

Yes, I do want to know. I remember the grossest thing I kept in my room I think was the sandwiches that I refused to eat at lunch and forgot to throw away on my way home from school. I shoved them into the back of the drawer of my desk thinking I would dispose of them when I had a chance, but always forgot.

You see mom made the grossest sandwiches by my standards then. She slathered mayonnaise on whole wheat bread and big chunks of roast chicken. All I wanted was a peanut butter and jelly or balogne and cheese on soft white bread like all other kids. The lunch ladies would not let us throw food away.

So when my room began to stink my mom went searching and found the sandwishes very gross!!! I did get a beating for that.

Post a Comment